Monday, January 17, 2011

Ukrainian Christmas & MSBH Update

This past weekend we celebrated Ukrainian Christmas. Yes it was a week late. But we were out of town the actual weekend and ended up celebrating it on the Ukrainian New Years. So that works! This year we had a lot of people (although there were quite a few I would have also liked to invite but we just didn't have the space!).
jan14- Ukrainian Christmas (a week late)
I looooove celebrating with lots of friends for Ukrainian Christmas! We had 23 people over and it was jam packed in our little house but so fun!!
I made 12 dishes (including cabbage rolls, perogis, etc) 7 meats and 7 desserts. It was a really fun time! I love this tradition and I love inviting different people. It's just so fun!


I also used the opportunity to finish off a whole pile of MSBH Challenge recipes.
Baba Au Rhum
Rum Syrup (I made Apple Syrup instead)
Kouigh Amans
Chocolat Babkas
Streusel Topping
Pissaladiere
Pissaladiere Dough
Plum-Oat Crisp
Dried Peach and Goat Cheese Galette
Corn and Shiitake Tart
Cornmeal Pate Brisee
Lime Glazed Cookies
Lime Glaze
Coconut Macadamia Nut Cookies

So I have 10 recipes left.
I am going to make them all before the end of January!

14 comments:

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

Looks like a blast!! Sounds yummy!

Carlye said...

Who brought that crazy guy on the left?! Seriously had SO much fun! And the food was DELICIOUS... thanks again for the invite :)

DeeMomof6 said...

Looks like so much fun! A house full of people and good food always makes for a great time.

Brooke Snow said...

Wow! You are so brave! And so cool.

Valery said...

Mmmm cabbage rolls are one of my favorites. I was born in the Ukraine and love to make the authentic food. Do you have ties to the Ukraine?

Abby Metz said...

Sounds amazing! I'm so sorry we had to miss it!

Melanie said...

looks like you had an awesome time! WE celebrated on the 24th while mom and dad were here for Christmas. She redid the entire meal for 15 people on the 6th back in Saskatchewan. (We follow the meatless tradition on Christmas Eve though).

nichole said...

It heard it was absolutely amazing!!!!!!

Maria Lang said...

Are you going to share any of these recipes? please say yes :)

Meaghan Clark said...

Goat cheese is my new favourite food. That galette must have been AMAZING! I'm so glad I've had to privilege to attend one of your Ukrainian Christmas celebrations!

Marie said...

It was unbelievable. Seriously an amazing night. thank you so much for including us!

Alysha Sladek said...

Is that Pete Hubbard in the green shirt?? Haven't seen him in ages! haha

I can't believe how much you made and how many people you had over. looks like a really fun time!

Mike and Jodi said...

Looks successful! I saw Regan at the Robert Munsch thing and he mentioned you were busy preparing for this. My question is - Where did you move the couch? :)

Amy said...

I'm so SAD that Aubey was sick that night, blah!!