Thursday, January 20, 2011

List 3: Quirks about Me

I asked Reg what some of my quirks were. It is kind of hard to think of them about yourself. Cause you do it, and normally you wouldn't do something you thought was quirky. Would you? hhhhmmmmm..... ANYWAYS,

1. I make the bed in the morning while I am still in it. As in I sit at the top of the bed pull the blankets and sheets up around me so they are neat and then slip out of it. Fix the top. Add the decorative pillows and done.

2. I detest people clicking their pens. It drives me batty. Go ahead and scratch the blackboard that won't bother me, but clicking pens. ANNOYING. I've gotten a lot better about this as I get older. But man I just do not like that.

3. I get waaaay more books out the library than I will ever read. Like i love books. And I come home with these piles of books. I do read a lot but it would be physically impossible to read all the books I bring home. Yet I keep doing it. Cause they look great and they are right there!

4. I have trouble throwing away papers. So I keep them in piles. And more piles. Mostly hidden. And then I have one crazy day where I go through and throw them all away (or file). WHY can't I just throw them away when they come in?? who knows!

5. I have a color coded closet. I don't really think that's quirky (I think it's smart) but Reg does. :)

6. I always finish eating first. Even if I started last, I finish first. I'm not trying to eat fast, I just do.

7. I don't know if you've noticed but I always make my blog posts come up at 6am. Why 6am? I have no idea. I think it started cause I thought people I know out east get up earlier then out here so I started doing it then.

8. When I use the microwave I always use straight lines when typing in the numbers. Mostly 123. Even if I think it needs longer I'll just do 123 then when it runs out of time add 123 and run it again. Or stop it in the middle and reset.

9. If I was driving and you told me to turn left or right, I would shake both my hands to see which one I wrote with so I knew which way to turn.

10. I always say thank you out loud to other drivers. Who can't hear me. (and Lucy is always asking me who I am talking too.)

Check out Mary and Heather :)

12 comments:

LeeAnne said...

I am so #10, been doing it for years and my kids do the same thing..."mom, they can't hear you" but I ALWAYS say thank you out loud :)

Catherine Dabels said...

I do #6 and #9 as well. You aren't quirky, you're cute. Except for the making the bed thing, that's quirky.

The Lowry's said...

Funny! I wonder what quiky things I do that I don't really notice.

whitney said...

I like the idea of asking Reg, I'll have to ask Brad and see what he comes up with. Maybe not such a good idea while I am pregnant and I am sure my quirks multiply!

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT! You are so quirky and that is why you are so great! The microwave thing is especially interesting :) Thanks for posting so early everyday. I can always count on a new post from Rhonda when I get to my computer around 10 am.

Mary MacAskill said...

Derrick was zero help in the quirk dept! I had to type this solo! :) Loved reading about your quirks - you are so funny. And I was laughing about all of us color-coding our closets. Hilarious!

Marie said...

Hehehe! I have totally noticed the 6am thing. I have always thought you just blogged first thing in the morning!

The strangest thing on the list is the way you make the bed. Hands down. I have to try that tomorrow, just because I don't think it is possible.

Abby Metz said...

Hmmm, I wonder if I have any quirks that I don't notice . . .

Crystal said...

I didn't even ask Bob - for fear that he'd have a list of oh, maybe 100 things! I am totally not like you on the eating fast front - I'd be the opposite. I'm getting to know you so much better :)

Unknown said...

What a fun idea, I'll have to ask Rob about me after he wakes up. And, you're not alone on making the bed while in it, I do it too!!! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one and that it's you that does it too :)

Anonymous said...

It totally cracks me up how you make your bed. That is awesome. I should try that. And I remember #9 from driving with you. :)

nichole said...

I usually say "Sorry" out loud to people as I am in the car even though they can't hear me, and I am a super slow eater. ALWAYS the last, even if I started first.