Thursday, January 27, 2011

Listography: Best Snack Foods

hhhhmmmmmmm food. Did I mention I love food??! Hahahahaha. I love cooking it and I loooove eating it. sooo this list is right up my alley!! I am sitting here trying to think what I eat for snacks.

1. Spinach Dip. LO.V.E. this.

2. Guacamole and chips. mmmm. I love avocados! And as guacamole even better!

3. Muffins. I loooove muffins. Some of my favorites are pumpkin, Chunky Banana Bran Muffins, Banana Crunch . I think muffins are a great choice since you can make healthy ones (and not so healthy ones) and then keep them in the freezer so you can pop them in the microwave when you need a snack.

4. I love baked things as snacks (like pretzels or cinnamon knots or pizza buns, etc)

5. Toasted Tomato Cheese Sandwiches... in fact I just had one before I wrote this post :)

6. I love fresh fruit. Bananas, oranges, apples. I looooooove fresh fruit (with a dip like this.) And fresh veggies. mmmmm especially with a yummy dill dip. (like this one)

And if you are looking for new snack foods there are some lists here and here and here.

Can't wait to see what Mary and Heather are eating!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guacamole, pretzels, and apples are some of my favorites too.

Lora said...

Muffins are one of my favourite snacks too :)

Anonymous said...

Opting for healthy can be hard in the stores so I'm working on preparing veggie trays for the fridge for grazing moments. Also a mix of large oats, banana and yogurt.
Peanut butter on a spoon when I need a sticky fix.

Christina said...

I'm going to try the banana muffins - thanks for the ideas!

Mary MacAskill said...

I need a bigger freezer so I can make some of those muffins! Yum.

Crystal said...

Great list, Rhonda! One of my favourites is a tomato and cheese sandwich for breakfast. I like the last 3 links you provided - I'm printing the list of 25 healthy snacks and plastering it onto the fridge :) Happy eating!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, can I come over for some guacamole? Another one I forgot to add to my list - that stuff is SO good. And I love tomato cheese sandwiches too - those are so good.

I love doing this project with you guys - so fun!