Thursday, January 06, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

WEll did you make them?

I try to keep some in mind but I don't make myself crazy with them. Instead I kind of have a general I'm trying to do better in these areas kind of mantra.

But I thought I'd share my areas :)

1. Healthy living. We are trying to eat healthier and exercise more around here. Been doing the treadmill (it's even in the unheated garage so it's COLD when I go on it - so I feel extra proud of myself for doing it). Next weekend I will hopefully be all done my MSBH challenge. And then we are doing a whole lot more healthy eating. (Reg says I should cook a whole weight watchers book now to helps us all out. hahahahaha)

2. Religious-ness. Working on studying my scriptures better and for a longer time each day. Working on actually making what I read apply to my life and make a difference. Focusing more on reaching out to people around me in need.

3. Organizing. Reading a book and organizing my life. De junking (any one need a kitchen table or a big chalk board? Both have to go - along with lots of other things)

4. Monthly date night. We are pretty good - but sometimes Reg is busy and that kind of things gets pushed back and set aside.

Did you make any?
And since a post with a picture is more fun....
Obsession
Alden with his current love.

10 comments:

Laura Dunford said...

Are those pokemon cards? I wish I still had mine. I would send them ALL to him. I had some of the best ones!

whitney said...

I am dying for this baby to come so I can get back at exercising. I feel like such a blob right now, but exercising and pregnancy for me don't mix. Want to be more consistent with it this year.
And I think maybe hang out with you more! I had so much fun yesterday. You teach my more cooking and we need to sew and craft more. So um get your butt out to Raymond!

Lora said...

I like your new blog header.

I also have the goal of being healthier.

Marie said...

Chalk board! Chalk board! Chalk board! I'd love to put one up in the kid's playroom!

Great resolutions all. Especially the date night. Why is that so easy to miss?

Patti said...

Your resolutions sound alot like mine! Your MS baking challenge has inspired me...except not on so grand a scale. I'm hoping to cook my way through the "2011 Milk Calendar" this year. My sister will be coming over on Thursday nights to join us for dinner which is when I'll make a new dish from the calendar. I smiled at the weight watcher comment....I'm currently doing WW so that might make the "milk calendar cooking" a bit of a challenge! Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...

If those are pokemon cards then I have a box full for you. Dan did a purge of his room, as well the girls.
I'm up to 5 boxes to take to the second hand store.
Really...do you want the cards? email me.

DeeMomof6 said...

These are great! Love the picture.

Unknown said...

Love your blog header - that looks like Michelle Underwood digi stuff to me! :) I am with you on the resolutions. I sort of make them, but I sort of don't. I think of it more as a time to re-focus on the things that I am continually working at (i.e., healthy eating, organizing, etc.) And kitchen table? Does it seat more than four?! I'm in the market for a new table - I put it on my list of things to get done this year. :)

Abby Metz said...

I also am trying to eat more healthily this year - but I still want it to be yummy! If you find any good recipes in your quest pass them on please!

Kristi Drennan said...

Yours are the same as mine. Healthy living (and actually doing Weight Watchers), scripture study (five pages a day) etc...love that. I hope to post mine but one of my goals is to not worry if I don't blog stuff ha ha! What book are you reading because THAT is my number one goal is to organize, simplify and de-junk my entire house...one little bit at a time.