Wednesday, January 11, 2012

In the Craft room: Project Life

Sooo I thought I'd share what I am doing with my 365 pictures this year. Using Becky Higgins' great Project Life to make an album as we go.


The great thing is that now I have a great printer, my awesome new Silhouette AND project life. Am I spoiled or WHAT!!! So today I did this....
My new fancy toy

First I designed my journalling cards in Photoshop and printed them on my Canon PIXMA MG5220 printer. I used some digital scrapbooking paper from Erica Hernendez. I just used the rulers (although I have to say rulers in the Silhouette program would be REALLY helpful!!) and lined it up. Yes it took a few tries but I did then get these about each member of our family. (I wrote whatever my kids said so yes there are some silly answers!)
about my kids

So here is my title page.
Project Life - opening page
All Project life stuff plus some American Crafts cardstock that matched and another little journaling card I made about our family. The top picture will get replaced with a family picture as soon as I take one this year!

And here is my inside spread.
Project Life
I got the 2012 card from here and I just changed the color of 2012 to what I wanted (aint photoshop GREAT!) and then all the cut stuff I used my Silhouette for. The Butterfly is a font I have.

From now I am doing week at a glance spreads. But I liked this to give a snapshot at where we are right NOW starting the year.

9 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

super cute!!

Heather M. said...

good for you, rhonda! you amaze me!

Jenn said...

I'm doing project life this year too. Feels funny but oddly familiar to be back in the scrapbook world. :)
Love your title page.
I've been eying the silhouette. I don't think it's worth it for the amount I do but it sure looks cool!

LindsayB said...

was it eli's goal or your goal to stay in bed all night?!! alden, grow weight, love it! it's all super cute

Sarah said...

Love this so much! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Abby Metz said...

Oh the things I'll probably never do - but oh so cute!

Stacy said...

Wow, that is so cool. You are amazing!!

Susie said...

i gotta do mine too, i wish i was closer maybe I'd soak up some of your creativity or just go and see you for help. I won't tell ya sadies goal. I gotta do that pic a week that you talked about. You always have great ideas thanks for sharing

Crystal said...

You were spoiled! Enjoy all those new SB treats. I love seeing Project Life work. You're going to have a great album - a true family treasure.