Tuesday, September 14, 2010

In the kitchen: Cookbook Review: Small Batch Perserving

Small Batch Preserving
by Ellie Topp and Margaret Howard

This is one great book! I have really enjoyed this book on canning!! It covers how to's. It covers jams, jelly's, conserves, relishes and pickles. Lots of recipes that are unusual and totally good!
I've made Pear Raspberry Jam, Peach Pear Jam with Lime and Sweet and Chunky Apple Butter.
I bought the book at chapters for $19.95. If you like canning at all, go and get it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have had this book for years and so does my mother in law after she read mine. Love that it makes small batches. I am making jelly today! I wish more people canned so I could trade.

Jennifer said...

I just borrowed it from the library to tie me over until I can feasibly make it to the store!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

I've borrowed that book from the library a few times, and I love it!