1. Today Eli dumped a bag of cake and pastry flour all over the floor and then tracked it all over the kitchen while walking around, tried to climb up a small dresser in Lucy's room and tipped it over completely on himself, climbed up onto the computer so that he could get the phone, climbed onto the kitchen table to get his milk, and emptied out the drawers of my bedside table. This kid keeps me on my toes.
(picture from a day in the summer at the lake)
2. One of my all time favorite foods is BBQ chicken pizza. I love it made from scratch at home. It's best with regular BBQ sauce, mozzarella cheese and purple onions. But I didn't have all of that :) It was still good!
I used the MSBH Challenge to try out a new pizza dough recipe. I know a couple people have emailed me and asked for a recipe for pizza dough - so here is the Martha one.
Martha Stewart's Pizza Dough
1 cup warm water
1/4 tsp sugar
1 envelope active dry yeast
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for bowl
In a small bowl, sprinkle sugar and yeast into warm water; stir with fork until sugar and yeast dissolve. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
In a food processor, pulse flour and salt to combine. Add yeast mixture and oil; pulse until mixture comes together but is still tacky. Dough should pull away cleanly from your fingers after it's squeezed. Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface; knead four or five times until a smooth ball forms.
Place dough in lightly oiled bowl, smooth side up. Cover with plastic wrap; let sit in warm place until doubled in bulk, about 40 minutes.
Punch down dough. Fold dough back onto itself four or five times. Divide into two pieces. Knead each piece four or five times, then turn smooth side up. Replace
plastic wrap; let dough rise again in a warm place until doubled, about 30 to 40 minutes.
**It doesn't make much dough. Two twice inch pizzas. One we delivered to another friend who just had a baby (I seem to know a lot of people like that....) and then ate one ourselves for supper. If my kids ate pizza like normal kids then we wouldn't of had enough. So I'd totally double the recipe next time!
3. I put up another shoot on my photo blog of a sweet newborn. I loved doing it. and it made me want to shoot some more newborns. Luckily I have a friend who just had a new little girl. (And on the downlow I know 4 other people having babies - but I won't tell you who!) I put lots on the other blog but this one is my favorite of the day (I think)
4. I made a little button you can see on the side of my blog if you want to add it to yours as a link.
5. I am a creature of habit. I use the same recipes for cookies.
If I am making chocolate chip cookies I ALWAYS use the same recipe. It's my favorite. But I tried a new one for the MSBH Challenge to go along with the BBQ pizza for my friend for dinner.
And I always use the same bread recipe. But tried a new one of this too! Honey Whole Wheat Bread.
6. I am starting to plan Alden's birthday. His is the 15th. He wants an inventor party. So my mind is pondering that. Any ideas? I've got a few...
MSBH Challenge 10 (Pizza Dough) 11 (Chocolate Chunk Cookies) & 12 (Honey WW Bread)