Monday, October 19, 2009

The Inventor/ Mad Scientist Party

Some pictures from the party.
Alden invited 5 other boys. (Which funny enough felt like 2x the amount whereas the girls party two weeks ago was more girls and easier to manage! Lucy came upstairs and said to me "Mom, girls just talk a lot but boys are loud and make trouble!")
DSC_0052
I had wanted to get the kids some lab coats. I was going to borrow some from my mom (She has enough for her entire grade 1/2/3 split class) but she couldn't find them and it was too late to head out to the thrift store to buy men's shirts - but that would totally work!)
So instead we just had funny mustaches. :) Kinda random. But totally funny!
DSC_0070
We did some science experiments and a little building. Each boy got the same amount of toothpicks, marshmallows and cheesies. The boys really got into it!!
DSC_0021
DSC_0017
DSC_0006
DSC_0028
Then we made homemade silly putty or goo or whatever you wanna call it. Most of the boys loved it. One of them (Carter) said he was gonna throw up cause it was so gross. :) (Notice him escaping from the table quickly behind Ben)
DSC_0038
DSC_0030
Then we went outside to do some baking soda and vinegar exploding. Which they loved! :)
DSC_0047

The cake. I let Alden pick whatever cake he wanted (from my Martha Book!) and he picked a cake called Martha's Birthday Cake. And only Alden liked it. The other kids told me it wasn't so good. hahahaha. I didn't really care. As long as Alden was happy, I was happy! :)
DSC_0056
DSC_0061

It was a good birthday party I think! Alden loved it!

------------------------------------------------------

MSBH Challenge 20 (Martha's Birthday Cake), 21 (Almond Meringue), 22 (Almond Buttercream)

14 comments:

Mikal Imperator said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mikal Imperator said...

Looks like a great party idea! Josie liked the mustaches...

As a shameless move, I'll invite all and sundry to check out my new blog here.

Anonymous said...

You our so creative. You should be a kid party planner! That cake looks devine!

whitney said...

I bet Alden loved it all, the kids all look like they are having so much fun!

Lora said...

What cool idea for a birthday party! That cake looked so yummy!


When one of Josie's friends turned 6, his mom did a home birthday party for him. She said it was sooo much work with all those boys(it was 5-6 boys and two girls at the party) and all other birthday parties have been held some place else.

Connie Nichol said...

now that's a cooooooollll party!!!! Very original!! Happy birthday to Alden! Btw, we have a wii and I love it - the kids and I do bowling and tennis and challenge each other on the wii fit. Lots of fun!

LindsayB said...

what a fun party! alden told us all about it the other day. he was so still excited about it. i, of course, would completely have appreciated that cake! so what i thought lucy's birthday would be like really came to be with aldens?!

Kristi Drennan said...

What awesome ideas!!! Love that stuff. Is that Jarom Court I see?? Isn't our little world so small? I love that!

Amy said...

Mmmm, the cake looks yummy to me!

Abby Metz said...

COOL! I loved the marshmallow/cheezy/toothpick structures! Parker would love that!

Heather M. said...

oh wow, this looks like the COOLEST party! You should totally be a party planner!

Love that cake!

Julie said...

you are such a creative mom! what amazing party ideas, bravo :D and the cake looks GORGEOUS - I'm trying a whipped topping thing on gabby's cake, too, I hope it turns out half as beeeyoooooootiful as yours :)

Marie said...

This party has been bookmarked in my brain. It will be copied. Guarentee.

Unknown said...

Really a creative educational idea for kids' parties. Art and craft sale of wooden and metal pieces at one of the big San Francisco venues was superb. All our group went to enjoy and have a sneak peek at the unique collection. Everything we bought was worthy of prices. Met some known friends too. Lovely stalls and entertainment sources were planned too.