Sunday, April 05, 2009
On the Bookshelf:
I took this photo a few months ago....so this isn't my beside pile today. But some of them are still there. I pretty much always have a stack of books to read. I loooove reading. My parents are big readers too. That's where I get it from!
On this pile I've already finished:
1. Unfeeling: Book club book. Pretty unsettling but well written. It is about the farm attacks in Africa. I wanted it to end better but since it is based on real events it couldn't. Too much profanity for me.
2. Waiting for Birdy. Soooo funny. Thanks to my SIL Brooke for telling me to read it. Totally absolutely kooky lady. And i loved it for that. I literally laughed out loud quite a bit and even read some parts to Regan.
3. The Five Love Languages: Really enjoyed this one a lot. And I am a lot more conscious of ways that people show me love. Especially my hubby. As soon as Reg has some time off I've told him I think he should read it too.
On this pile I've started: (i normally have a few books on the go)
1. Covenant Hearts: All about marriage. It is really well written and so good.
2. Your money or your life. It's good but the first two chapters were really repetitive. I hate it when a book keeps trying to sell you on their view point. If I bought the book, I probably am already sold on the idea!
3. Because He first loved Us. Wonderful collection of essays on the Savior. Really wonderful moving stuff.
1. The Girls: currently reading it for book club. It's about a pair of conjoined twins. Very interesting!
2. They came from below: An easy environmentally based science fiction book I read in three days. (easy, quick read!)
What are YOU reading?