Wednesday, April 22, 2009

In the Craft Room: Trash to Treasure

Don't forget to check out this and enter. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I always here people talking about how scrapbooking is too expensive to do.
It's a common excuse from non scrappers as to why they can't start.
While it is totally true that scrapbooking can be expensive, there are lots of ways to save money and making it affordable.

One of my very favorite things to do is to take something that is someone else's trash and turning it into a treasure.

Case in point. One Micheal's binder found at the Okotoks Scrapbook Convention on give away table.































First step is covering the outside.
I used one of my all time very very favorite scrapbooking papers EVER.
By Basic Grey.
I cut the paper to fit the width of the sides but left it long on the ends so I could fold it over.
















The way to get the nice tight edges is to use a bone folder if you have one. (if you don't a marker or your hand will work.)
















I left little spaces on the edges where the binder folds so that the paper will not get bunched up and moved around.

















To cover the corners you use a wonderful special tape called Book Binding tape. Mine is from Autumn leaves. And i just love it.!! It's my third role I've gone through.

I added another cute striped paper on the inside.

Here is what it looks like at the end of the process.
Trash to Treasure: mini album 2

another view....
Trash to Treasure: mini album
A cute mini album waiting to be filled. :)
And it was free.
Gotta love that!

2 comments:

Lora said...

That's adorable!!

Unknown said...

Wow, Rhonda! Love it!