I am a little early.... as in it is saturday night. How's that for on the ball??
1. I love that people read my blog and comment. I love writing stuff. I love the outlet and the feeling of connection to others. So thanks. (And keep on commenting... even if it's just a hi i was here."
2. I am thankful for this picture taken when we were at home for Thanksgiving. I love the expression on Alden's face. And i love that the family indulged my idea of taking their nice leather couch outdoors. :)
3. I am thankful we have enough to eat. So many people do without. And we are truly blessed.
4. I am thankful that Regan is in medical school. It is a long road. But there is absolutely no doubt that this is the right thing at the right time for our family. I know it. Regan delivered a baby last night at the hospital. That is too cool. I am just so proud of him. He's so smart.
5. I am thankful for Alden and the funny things he says. I was running to the store while Regan was doing homework this after noon and Lucy was napping. So I asked him if he wanted to come. He was sitting in his room, on the floor in just his underwear. His rely "No mom, I just wanna stay home and be naked."
6. I am so thankful for Lucy. She is just seriously so cute and sweet. She has this awful cough last night and today. Sounds like she is coughing up a lung. After she'll look at me and say "Oh excuse me mom". All polite like. While driving in the car she was listing the things she is scared of. (Scared is her new word she is constantly using.) "Mommy, I scared of stairs." "Mommy, I scared of Carter." "Mommy, I scared of cookies." (And then she broke out into a fit of laughter.)
7.I am thankful for jokes and laughing. (Well most of the time.) The kids watched a Dora movie from the library that was all about jokes and riddles. So all day long now they kids announce they have jokes for me.
Typical Alden joke:
Alden: "Knock Knock"
me: Who's there?"
me: Orange who?
Alden: Orange burp.
And then he laughs.
Typical Lucy joke:
Lucy: Knock Knock"
Me: Who's there?
Lucy: I don't know.