We've been sick around here.
We've wiped enough boogies for a life time...
but that part isn't over.
Enough coughing and throwing up too.
(Which is totally awesome when you're pregnant!)
A few things to share:
1. Alden finally bought something with the money he has been saving. I had to go to London Drugs and took him with me and let him pick something out of the toy isle. At first nothing was looking good to him, so I tried to convince him to wait and we could go to another store. But NO. He wanted something then. So he picked out this cool spiderman car. And was mighty pleased that he bought it himself. :)
2. On Saturday we went to a community Easter Egg hunt. (The kids were both tired, we were late.. so no pictures from it...) But when pulling up to our house, we saw our neighbor was moving out. And had everything for sale. Including beds. So we made a decision and bought Alden his dream. Bunk Beds. He LOVES them. And has slept a night in each bed. Just to try them out. And the first night after Regan set them all up, Alden says to Regan "Dad will you sleep in my room tonight?" Regan "No, I like to sleep with mom." Alden: "But who's going to sleep in the bottom bunk?"
So he has made it his animal bed. Every stuffed animal we own sleeps in the bottom bunk. :)
3. Because Alden got the bunk beds, we moved Lucy into a big girl bed. Really didn't talk it over with her. Just did it. And she likes it. It's good I had her blanket done, as I think that is what sealed the deal for her.
4. For fun on Friday night we had a little get together family style with our good friends the Chutes. We decorated eggs. Ate supper together. Let the kiddos watch a movie and play. And the adults visited. It was great.
5. Since Lucy got sick she has started needing naps again. Since she has her big girl bed now, if she doesn't get what she wants she goes upstairs crying, closes her door and climbs into bed and goes to sleep. Yesterday I suggested that she should go up for a nap and Alden and I went upstairs. So instead she went behind the couch and went to sleep. She slept here for 2 hours.
6. Even when she isn't feeling well, she likes to dress up.