Wednesday, November 22, 2006

2 for 1

I recently read this cook book by Art Smith.
And i loved it!
I love to read cookbooks. And this one is especially good.
It has a quiz to help figure out what kind of a cook you are - at every level.
And then it has recipes suited to your style, time constrants, taste preferences.
I wanna buy it.
It talks about how family dinner is a time to be with each other.
To share and be together.
Nourishment for body AND soul.
And I agree with that 100%.

I love to cook.
A lot.
I love to feed people.
I think it would be cool to have a business where I list what I am making for meals that week and people can pick what days they want dinner ready for them. You know those buys working folks. Now that'd be coooool.
I'd just make more of what we are eating.

As for this past week. I made a 2 for 1.
Make something one night and turn the unused portions into a great dinner the next night.
Art Smith talks about that in his book.
But these recipes were from my favorite cooking magazine.
Everyday food.

Chilli Rubbed Steak, Mashed potatoes, and a homemade creamy dressing on romaine lettuce.












The next night you turn the left over steak into these great broiled steak and pepper sandwiches with garden vegetable havarti cheese. mmmmmmmm.


















If I cuold find my magazine I would post the recipes.... but some little child has carried if off somewhere (or I missplaced it.) hahahahahaha.

5 comments:

whitney said...

yummmmmmmy! Move to Raymond and I will pay you to cook for me a few times a week. Sersously, I'll pick up a shift just so I can afford it, then I'll come home to a rhonda dinner.

LindsayB said...

Yes, I'd like to be one of those rich folk too, no cooking, no dishes. I sure wouldn't be cooking up anything that delicious with sick kids. I don't even do that with one healthy kid!

Anonymous said...

Oh you must post recipes!! Looks sooo yummy!!

Carmen

The Super Seven said...

those meals look awesome....i would love to do that kind of business, they are popping up everywhere.....hope you can find those recipes sometime....would love to try them!!

Heather M. said...

Oh yum!!!!