Monday, October 18, 2010

Alden's Day

was on Saturday.
His day for a photo shoot. He was totally into it.
He told me he wanted to do a pose.... and this was it :)
And yes his jacket is way to small. His pants are again way too short. The kid just keeps growth spurting. He is going to be one tall guy when he's done!
Alden's pose
He's always got a drawing on the go. He drew this one just for our little photo shoot together. He came upstairs when I was waiting at the door for him to go for his pictures with this drawing in hand. So he could hold it out and I could take his picture - like his idea totally :)
His Drawings
Another pose by him
The Lean
Lots of this face. I mean way to much. SO Alden right now. Making that goofy face with his arms a' dancing.
Lots of this face
Finally a real smile. After I started tickling him!
Oct 15: A REAL smile
And then after one of his favorite dinners of Spaghetti with garlic toast, we went up to the church and he got baptized.
Oct 16 - Baptism
It was wonderful and I am so grateful for the family (still can't believe Susie and Ryan drove down from Calgary for it! Thanks so much guys!) and friends who came to this special day for Alden!
What a sweet boy he is. I should have had Regan take a picture of the two of us, but I didn't! This week I will!

And I forgot to add.... I did a little draw and Christine you won the apron! Let me know your address so I can mail it to you!

17 comments:

Christina said...

Congrats - what a special day!

Anonymous said...

These are awesome photos of your boy! Hope his baptism went well.

KellyLady said...

Great pics of a great kid! Congrats to Alden on his baptism!

DeeMomof6 said...

He looks so grown up in his photos! CI still can't believe how fast time goes by when you have kids. Congratulations on the special Day! You can see the spirit glowing around him.

Stacy said...

Cute pictures, I love that he had all those ideas for them. :)

Amy said...

Congrats Alden!

The Lowry's said...

How fun that he likes to pose and knows just what he wants. That is a good thing.

Alysha Sladek said...

can you believe you have an 8 year old?? great pics. how nice that he'd model for ya ;)

LindsayB said...

as james would say girls are cute and boys are handsome or awesome. i'm pretty sure james would say alden is handsome and awesome in those pics.

Susie said...

Hey we were glad we came too. Sadie keeps talking about baptism. and to quote James "Hannah is happy Alden is getting baptized" of course Hannah was smiling. I need your address sadie found the missing part of his present.

Amy said...

I didn't even know Alden was getting baptized. Well tell him congrats from Uncle Bob and Auntie Amy. He sure is a sweet boy!

Sarah Shaw said...

wow a 8 tyear old time flies! congrats ro Alden I would love ot come down and visit all of you guys!

Carmen said...

Alden and my Bella would sure get along! Bella too is tall and willowy for a 7 year old. Time flies!! Congratulations on the baptism! Awesome! Bella is counting the days until hers. But she has some time to go yet. June is not quite right around the corner. Good thing!

Abby Metz said...

WOW, he's so big! Great pictures - especially the last one!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great day, he is a cute kid. Kari

Let the party begin... said...

It's hard to believe he's 8 already. Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Wow, he is baptized! Time flies!