Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Traditions

Some things we try to do every year to celebrate Christmas.
Haven't gotten to all of our usual things.
These are ones we've done so far...

Our advent calendar.
I made this last year. This is the first year trying it out.

(I got my advent calendar published in this magazine.)


Decorate the house.
We didn't do a tree this year, so instead I put all my ornaments in a hurricane lantern on the piano.
My angel. I just love it. Bought it a few years ago in Nova Scotia and I still love it every year I pull it out. And my lantern I taught at Super Saturday.
More ornaments from Super Saturday.
Paper Chains.
We love to make these each year. The kids were pretty excited at how long this was. Goes all around our dining room.
Reading Christmas Stories.
Love the costumes with the stories....

Seeing Santa.



I thought this was pretty cool. It's a book and activity to count down to Christmas. And totally an idea I want to do next year. Even if I don't use their books, but use the ones we have, I think it is a good idea. Totally fun!

6 comments:

Susie said...

fun stuff. I love how serious they are reading the book. Do they know how funny they look ha ha

Lora said...

I love the book & activity to go with it idea... fun!! I will try to do that next year :)

Unknown said...

cute pictures R! I love your advent calendar - congrats on getting it published!!

Heather M. said...

cute decorations!

fun photos of the kids reading and with santa!

Alysha Sladek said...

fun! i love your advent calender - way to go on having it published! sweet! love the costumes with the story. i bet they loved it!

Crystal said...

Your kids are getting so big and grown-up! Loved reading about what you are doing these days. Only 10 days until Christmas now!!