Tuesday, December 02, 2008

In the Craft Room: Challenge with Heather

I saw on Mary and Heather's blogs the challenges.
And I wanted to play along too.

Heather was gracious enough to play along with me this time. I just love Heather. Regan always jokes with me that he should steal the kind things that Heather says to me so he could look like a better husband. That's the kind of friend she is. Always positive, totally boosting of you. SUCH a good quality in a friend. Totally and absolutely supportive, encouraging, and oh so generous. I really have enjoyed getting to know her over the past few years. And wish that we lived closer so we could hang out more!

The details of our challenge were:

1. Polka Dots - (I must admit I knew that Heather loves polka dots, and even though I think they are cute, I find I rarely use them. Not sure why.)

2. Hybrid - i looooooove using my computer for scrapbooking. Photoshop is near and dear to my heart. :)

3. Handwriting - i love to write. it's quick and i like the look of it on my pages.

4. Sewing - This was kind of a cop out for me since I use sewing on most of my pages.

Here's what Heather created:


The thing I love about Heather's scrapbooking is that she is so clean. Her pages are never cluttered but they have lovely little touches to make them homey. Make sense? Love to see her handwriting too - since I know that part was a challenge for her. And the making the digi stuff fit to her tag. AWESOME. And her color scheme. Awesome. Love the whole thing. That cutey little Silas too!

Here's mine....


I'm kinda in a little mojo rut, so it's not my FAV page. But I do love the photo that Heather in fact took for me of Eli. Love it. Just little bits of patterned paper for me. And some cute stickers that someone (forgive me I can't remember who) sent me when Eli was born. My digital part? I made the circle patterned paper that's the strip across the page. Something I designed a while ago when my dreams where to design scrapbook paper. :)

This was really fun to do and I totally want to do it again.
Thanks Heather!!!!!

4 comments:

Mike and Jodi said...

Cute paper designing! And I quite like your layout - even if it isn't your favorite! Very nice.

Heather M. said...

I love your layout! That digi paper is AWESOME and goes perfectly with the rest of the layout. The sewing and handwriting are such a great touch to the page. Thank you SO much for playing along with me! It was fun!

Emily Busath Murdock said...

Rhonda,
That paper is so great! What a fun challenge!!
<3

Heather M. said...

Oh and btw, that cracks me up that Regan says that! LOL!