Saturday, February 25, 2006

a little something



I made a little something for my mom. A little mini album out of cardboard. Before you think "CARDBOARD"??? Why cardboard? Because. Yes it's a scrapbook! And I made it for my mom since I know she will appreciate the whole idea. I knew beforehand that she would be the perfect person to make one of these for. And you know what she said when I first told her about it "Cool" Not why cardboard or a hesitation. Just complete support. My mom rules! It's a 5 page mini album about the first time Alden got to hold Lucy and touch her in the NICU. I love the photos from it. It's made from Making Memories Patterned Paper, Heidi Swapp foam stamps , some Scraptivity brads, some acrylic paint, a cool font called Prissy Fat Boys and various ribbons. It was so fun. And seriously cost effective! :)

I went to a crop today - my first one really. I am a loner scrapper. Really don't live near a lot of scrappers that I know. I got two pages done plus this mini album for mom plus most of another mini album from our summer Whitefish trip with the Steed family. So even though there was a lot of creative memories kind of scrapping going on around me.... I got some good stuff accomplished!

And I got some awesome photos of the kids the last few days too so I'll be posting them soon too. But now... i'm off to bed!!!

9 comments:

Heather said...

What an awesome book! Love all those pictures and your mom will love it.

Hope you got to meet some new scrappers/friends at the crop today.

Carmen said...

I think the book looks just fantastic!! Your mom will be absoltely thrilled with the end result!! Very cool.

whitney said...

Very very cute. I like how simple it is - it goes with the cardboard idea. Love the font too, I think I need to "borrow" it from you!
Love you.

Heather M. said...

Rhonda, this is SO gorgeous! I love the idea of using cardboard - so much so that I made my own last night! Thanks for the inspiration! You mom is going to LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

I know your Mom will love this!! I'm a mom who has daughters far away and I would love it plus it has pictures of her beautiful grandchildren! What's not to love about that!!
I'm glad you got to go away and SB for the day - take care of yourself - there are lots of people depending on your strength, wisdom and patience every day! Hope you are refreshed and re-energized too!!

Unknown said...

That is a gorgeous album! Never would have occurred to me to make one out of cardboard but I love the distressed look. Awesome idea Rhonda - thanks!

LindsayB said...

This is such a cute idea. Where do you get your quotes. From what I could squint and see they were good ones.

Kari said...

This is wonderful. Love the look of the cardboard!!!

Anonymous said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ