Monday, August 30, 2010

10 Years Together

means we needed a trip together. Sans kids. So we went to Whitefish. It was lots of fun. We saw some great views on the way down.
Chief Mountain
I had my foot in a cast (chipped my ankle on my left foot after tripping over Lucy when I was holding Eli) and just had it off this day... so I wasn't much fun for hiking or walking anywhere very far.... which we had planned on doing while down there. But we still had lots of fun and saw lots of beautiful things.
River
Flower collage
Went to the "Bearz" in the middle of nowhere close to Whitefish and saw them up close and personal from inside our car.
The Bear
We went to the beach at night and I took some pictures and Reg took some.
Sunset and ME
The two of us
DSC_1776
Me
At the Beach
Every day we drove past this and I LOVED this and wanted to take a picture. Finally last day we stopped and I did. Such lush trees!
The River
We rode the chair lift up to the top of the mountain in Whitefish. It was totally fun. And we saw lots of pretty sights up there too.
the Pond
Me and RegWhite flowers
The Rockies view from Whitefish
And while we were down there we noticed the sign for a race... so Reg decided to run it :)
The chip
The Start
Prairie fields and looming skies. While driving home it was just so stinking pretty.
Prairie Fields
It was just so fun to get away. I wish I wasn't a gimp, but it was still fun and Reg was very patient walking me around everywhere :) And he let me go shopping for the kids clothes and school supplies which is a huge present from him in itself. (He HATES shopping!!) It was so much fun and I am so glad we went!

Can't believe school is starting today. Two kids in school for me. CRAZY!!!

10 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

HAPPY 10 YEARS!! Waterton is beautiful and you captured some amazing scenes.
Even though I love the colors of fall, I'm sad that summer is over (especially since we never really got a summer...)

KellyLady said...

Congrats on 10 years!!! And the vacation sans kids. Your pictures are beautiful as always!

The Full Nelson said...

Sounds like a great 10th Anniversary getaway...how anyone cannot like school supply shopping is beyond me, I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome trip and awesome photos. I would love those blown up in my house in b/w frames. Kids back to school today here too...love it. I feel like I'm getting my me-time back.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys were able to get away! And that Reg let you go shopping. :)

Gorgeous photos, my dear, as always. I love them.

Carlye said...

So great that you had a chance to get away! And I'm loving the new macro... in fact I think there might be a little drool on my keyboard now :)

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary! What a fun way to celebrate, hope you're gimp-limp free soon :)

Kristin said...

Happy Anniversary! What a fun celebration

Anonymous said...

i hate people like your husband who can just decide spur of the moment to run a race. i have to train for months!
looks like a fun trip!
shannon (gibb) evans

Lora said...

It's great that you were able to get away. The pictures were beautiful.