Wednesday, August 18, 2010

10 years ago today

I married my best friend.
r&rwedding
It's such a cliche thing to say. But I truly did.
We hung out as friends before either one of us realized that we liked each other.
Our relationship is so strong because of the base of a combination of spiritual relationship and a strong friendship.

IMG_8396

I've written things about him on here like this and our love story here and our medical school journey. But none of these posts could sum up all of the private moments, the humor and heartache, the first moments of holding a child in our arms, the way the Lord has brought us closer together, the knowing looks to each other, the water fights in the basement apartment, the prayers said together and the the answers to prayers, the callings and service, the date nights at home and out of home, the growth and success of each of us and together. I thought I loved him when we got married. But I love him so much more now. More than I thought I could. And I know that love will continue to grow. As a little girl I always wanted to grow up and be married. To be a mom and be married. I had many thoughts of how it would be. But truly I have it so much better than I had ever thought.

Happy Anniversary Regan.
I love you as much as this room..... ;)

7 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

Happy 10 Years!! WOW you better go out a CELEBRATE!!

Carlye said...

Seriously so sweet! Congratulations on 10 years -- here's to a lifetime more :) Happy Anniversary!

Crystal said...

Happy Anniversary, R & R!! You look so young in the first photo - and you were, I guess :) May you share more laughter, more adventures and more of life together. Now - go bake a cake or something to celebrate!!

Kristin said...

Happy Anniversary!

Heather Moll said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you have SO many more wonderful years together! You are so blessed with each other.

Amy said...

That was a lovely tribute to Regan and your marriage. Hope he took a moment to read this post.
Congrats you two on a decade of marriage!!
Gorgeous photos of both of you too.

Brooke Snow said...

aaaaah! Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad you're both so happy and such good friends! You can handle anything if you have such a supportive partner like that! Here's to ten more! Congrats!