Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I didn't quite get around to posting anything this week.
But I thought about it.
:)

Since today is mother's day. I wanted to give a little shout out to the momma's in my life.

1. My own momma.
I don't have any pictures of her lately. (Which needs to be fixed soon!)
But here is a scrapbook page I did a year or so ago about her.


Hard to put into words the appreciation I feel for my mom. We have a really good relationship. It wasn't always that way. Really it changed between us when Kelly died. And again when I had my first baby. I love that she is so talented. Love that she knows how to do everything. And if she doesn't know, you give her a book on it and she can learn it shortly. That takes talent. Love that she loves her kids so completely. She's got piles of love oozing out of her. Waiting for the next person to walk by. She is a wonderful grandma. Love that she is so in love with my dad. They have an absolutely ideal marriage. Which is such a wonderful thing to grow up with! As I get older, I've learned to love the little quirky things she does too. Her love of garage sales. Her obsession with quilting and teaching. Really, I'm a very lucky girl to have her in my life. Love you momma!

2. My mother in law.
Another old page. When my MIL was visiting us in Nova Scotia she did the coolest thing, she took Alden out into the woods on a walk just after it got dark. He thought it was so cool that he got to go out then and that he got to hold the flashlight. It just made me think about the little things we can do for our kids that really enrich their lives.


That is one of the things I love most about my mother in law. That she is completely positive. Looking for the little fun things that make life good. Even her talk is positive. Such a good thing for me to be around. I need more of that in my own attitude, so I've always appriecated it about her. Love that she raised Regan and did such a good job with him. That she loves him so much and because of that she loves me too. Love that she is so willing to help her kids out. She is a wonderful grandmother. Who is always wiling to watch her grandkids. Teaching them, doing fun things with them. I'm very thankful to have a good mother in law and a good relationship with her.

3. My sister in laws. I have lots. 3 (soon to be 4) on one side. And 5 on the other. That's a lot of different personalities and marriages. Almost all of them are moms. (All except 1 (soon to be 2). I really thing that having kids together has strengthen our relationships. I have a whole group of go-to moms that I can talk to about all things mothering. That is a big blessing. I love them all very much. We have vastly different relationships and that is what is so cool!


I'm thankful to be a momma too.
Thankful that I get the opportunity to stay home with my kiddos.
In about 6 weeks I'll be a mother to three. That is strange. But wonderful.
Hope all you mommas had a wonderful day!

4 comments:

LindsayB said...

good post. we are all so blessed! love the sil thing. i like learning from you as a momma too! and what's with the 6 weeks?! really? it seems like it's not time yet. i'm sure it feels like it's time to you! need another belly shot.

MonaS! said...

It sounds like you have an amazing family. You are another amazing momma! Only 6 weeks left? WOW - that's fast! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's day! Take care my friend.

Heather M. said...

Such a beautiful post, Rhonda! I hope your Mother's Day was wonderful, like you!

Crystal said...

What a lovely tribute to your moms! It's so good to have strong and loving women as our models, isn't it? I hope you had a lovely day yesterday. May you rest peacefully as you prepare your heart and home for this new little person :))