Saturday, February 23, 2008

Celebrating Valentine's Day

Something that I didn't post about that has already passed, yet here I am posting about it.
Our Valentine's Day traditions.
1. We always cut out hearts and write things on them we love and hang them in the window. (This is the picture from last year.... cause I didn't take one of them this year.... this year they were all red.)

2. Our evening celebrations.
We feed the kids something they really like, cause really if we are going to enjoy a nice meal ourselves we'll all enjoy it a lot MORE if they eat and go to bed and THEN we eat.
I always make a fancy meal for us, complete with dessert.
Here is this years. Steak, baked potatoes, salad, roasted asparagus with hollandaise sauce. And a french lemon tart with fresh strawberry salsa for dessert.
And then Every year since we have been married we always watch this movie...
And I always cry at the same parts.
And laugh at the same parts.
And we always enjoy it.
There are not a lot of movie quotes said around this house, but some of the ones that ARE come from this movie. :)

3. As a little girl, my dad always bought something for me and my little sister. It meant a lot because my dad is not one of those kind of dad's regularly. I still wrap his christmas presents. But every V-day he would pick out something, chocolate, a stuffed animal, a flower and actually write the card out himself. That always meant a lot to me and I know it did to Kelly too. Well I've been telling Regan I loved that idea since we were first married. And this year, he started that at our house by getting Lucy a card, some candy and a but bear balloon. And she kept calling it all her special presents.
(Alden wanted to know when the day is that boy's get special presents....)

And since a few people asked to see my belly.... how's this shot from the playground?

heehee.

2 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

Well I just always love your posts and your pictures are always so fun and inspiring and make me want to take a photography class...but I was thinking maybe I should learn how to use my cheapo camera first and go from there. That dinner looks so yummy. You need to send me that asparagus recipe because I'm having a hard time with that veggie and we both really like it. I love your v-day traditions...I want to start some like those!

Heather said...

I love that movie too. That is way too sweet that you got Reagan to get Lucy a card. It doesn't have to be only for girls though. Boys can get V-day presents too.