1. Banana Chiffon Cake.... mmmmmm
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 ripe banana
1/2 cup vegetable oil
7 large eggs, yolks and whites separated
1 tsp pure vanilla
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a large micing bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a medium bowl, mash bananas. Add oil, egg yolks, vanilla and 3/4 cup cold water; mix to combine. Add to flour mixture, and whisk batter until smooth.
2. In a large bowl, place egg whites and cream of tartar; using an electric mixer, beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter just until combined (do not overmix.) Pour into a 10-inch amgel-food cake pan with legs. Bake until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Invert pan onto legs over counter; let cool completely. Reinvert pan, and run a thin metal spatual around edge to release onto platter. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve.
(I added some cream cheese icing.)
2. I've been making cards with scraps and stamps.
And enjoying it too. :)
3. I've been having fun taking photos of my kids.
More on my photography blog.