Tuesday, July 18, 2006

finally home.... kind of

There is something about having your own place.
Your own things.
And we do not have that "thing" or "place".
We are in limbo.
Finally in Alberta, but in limbo.

As for getting back here....
1. our movers called and said they couldn't pick up our stuff until the 17th... and we had scheduled it for the 15th. And as of today, they still haven't picked it up.
Minorly stressful.
2. Sunday morning we wake the kids up early (5:30am) to get to the airport on time for our flight which was to leave at 7:15am. While waiting by the gate, they announce that something is wrong with the plane..... and they have to get a new one. Which was going to take 2 hours. Which would make us miss our connecting flight from Edmonton down to Calgary.
So the solution.... was we were put on a direct flight to Calgary..... 6 hours later. So we were at the airport with 2 small kids for 7 hours, then we flew for 6 hours, then we drove down to Lethbridge for 2 hours. Needless to say, when we finally pulled into my mom and dad's house I couldNOT have been more happy. And the kids did so good for that day. Incredibly good. (There may have been gravol involved.)
3. we are trying to find somewhere to live in Calgary. And it is proving quite difficult. So tomorrow we are driving up there to see if we can find somewhere tomorrow.

Just because it's right, doesn't mean it will be easy.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome Rhonda!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy that you made it safe and sound! Here's to all your wishes coming true!!!!

Carmen said...

Hang in there Rhonda!! Good things come to those who wait!! But as for the movers... Well, I am now stressed for you!! And now I am really really praying you will find a home!! Wow, the market sure is tight... It will all work out. I have faith it will!!

lacintha said...

So glad to hear that you're finally where you want to be...good luck with everything R!

Cate said...

How exciting that you are back in Alberta! Good luck finding a place to live. I'm sure you'll be able to!

So, were you able to read at all on the plane? What book did you end up getting?

Anonymous said...

Stay strong! Something will present itself SOON! Welcome to Alberta!

Sue Sykes said...

Glad you have a safe trip, despite the inconveniences! It will be good to have your family around! Hope the housing situation works out quickly!

Amy said...

Glad to hear you are home, almost. What a trip, glad the kids did so well for you! I just know you'll find a really cute place to call "home"!

Heather M. said...

Hey sweetie!!!!! I hope you find a place to live soon. If I hear of anything I promise I'll let you know.
I hope the movers get on the ball soon! EEKS!!!!!
Glad you are here! I can't wait to meet you!

Heather said...

Praying that you find a place quickly. So much stress but you must be glad to be home with your family.

Sorry to hear you had some problems with the plane. At least they let you get out and you weren't stuck in a confined space for 7 hours with them.

Anonymous said...

Yeah your here!!! I bet your glad it's over. We are going to be around Aug 10 weekend. Any chane of meeting up? (i misplaced your new email)
-dyane

Crystal said...

I'm glad you're in Alberta, safe and sound! God will provide the perfect place for you I know. ((( HUGS )))

Mary Mac said...

I hope you can find something soon - housing is a painin the butt around here! Can't wait to meet you!