Sunday, December 06, 2009

In the Craftroom: StarFish Wall Hanging

I've been in the crafting MOOD. Seriously.
So besides all the Christmas crafts we've been doing (which I'll show you tomorrow or Tuesday) I've been doing home decor ones too :)

Like this one.
DSC_0779

Started with a cheap white outcast cupboard door from Totem. Good times right Jen?? :)
DSC_0762
Sanded it down a bit and rubbed it all over with this and then wiped it off with a wet cloth (sorry totally blurry basement evening picture!!)
DSC_0765
To get this effect.
DSC_0763
(close up)
DSC_0764
Then drew on my hanging holes.
DSC_0768
And used my fancy dancy drill
DSC_0770
Used some cool ribbon from SEI that my nice friend Mary gave me forever ago. Strung it through and tied some knots.
DSC_0771

Then Glue gunned on my Nova Scotia star fish. Perfect-o!
DSC_0779

I am not joking when I say the entire thing took my... oh about.... 10 minutes. Start to finish. Sweeet.

I bought 3 other cupboard doors and 2 of them are also finished crafts and hanging in my home. I'll show them soon!

11 comments:

Carmen said...

Love it Rhonda!! This is what makes a house a HOME - personalized decor! Good on ya!! Can't wait to see what else you have made.

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

This is really really cute. I have a star fish that I got from California. I should make this same thing. Thanks for the idea!

Anonymous said...

So cute!

Lora said...

Nice!!!

Let the party begin... said...

That would look great in my future beach theme bathroom, lol!

Emily Busath Murdock said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that!! Wish I could see it in person :)

Abby Metz said...

super-cute! Love it!

Julie said...

I love the paint treatment; it turned out great! Thanks for sharing with Made it Monday! Jules

Amy said...

Looks great! I'm amazed first of all that you found a star fish. Are they abundant in N.Scotia, cuz they were no where to be seen in the Caribbean. And second, I'm amazed it's survived all your moves, so fragile!

Amanda said...

I love this craft you did! Whenever I see any thing with the ocean or lighthouses I think of you!

Meaghan Clark said...

Rhonda it's so pretty! I have a sand dollar that would look awesome done up that way. Thanks for sharing!!