Well hey there.
We've been enjoying December.
Spending time with family.
As per requested by a few people, here are two of my favorite Christmas cookies.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup oil
3/4 cup cocoa
2 1/3 cup flour
2 tsps baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1. In a large bowl, stir sugar, oil, coca, eggs, and vanilla together. Mix well until smooth. In another bowl mix flour, baking powder, and salt together. Add to cocoa mixture. Refrigerate for six hours. (I sometimes cheat on this part. Just get nice and cool.). Roll into one-inch balls and Roll in powdered sugar. Cook for 12 – 14 minutes in a Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
2 sticks (16 Tbsp) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups all purpose flour, plus more for rolling
1. With an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, vanilla and salt until very smooth. With mixer on low speed, add flour, mixing just until dough forms.
2. Diuvide dough in half and place each half on a piece of lightly floured parchment or waxes paper. Using the paper so the dough doesn't stick to your fingers, gently roll each half into 1 1/2 inch diameter log. Wrap logs tightly in the paper, twisting ends to seal. Keep in freezer or fridge.
3. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Unwraps logs wutg a serrated knife, cut dough into 3/8 inch thick slices. Place slices on baking sheets, about 1 inch apart.
4. Bake, rotating sheet shalfway through until lightly golden around the edges, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool on baking sheets, 1 to 2 miknutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Regan is off school until January 2nd.
And I am going to enjoy EVERY moment I get to be with him.
Hope you are enjoying your Christmas season thus far too.