Monday, February 08, 2010

In the Craftroom: Cupboard Door turned Key Rack

Remember I said I made a little something something to hang in the front entrance??
My friend Jen came over one morning to drop off her daughter and I had already pulled down what I previously hanging in the entry. I wanted to change it.

So I pulled out my magazines and started looking around for ideas. By the time Jen came back to pick up her daughter I had decided I NEEDED to go to the Home Hardware close to home and find something NEW. I wanted a hanging basket and a board with hooks.

So off we went to the store. Her daughter and Eli and Lucy and me. We found no board, but we did find hooks. And I conveniently had a cupboard door at home that I was going to make into something.

Well Jen and I made it!! This is it.
keyrack2

keyrack

Cute hooks EH??
keyrack3

I'm linking it up a few places.

13 comments:

The Full Nelson said...

looks great! i could definately use something like that by my front door

Anonymous said...

Super cute!

Pine Tree Home said...

So clever. I love the hanging basket too. Hides all that stuff and then you can carry it around putting stuff away.

Emily Busath Murdock said...

Stop making the rest of us look bad! That is an order, missy!

Just kidding -- I love it. Wish I could just drop by and hang my keys on it :)

scrapwordsmom said...

Very cute!

Lora said...

Very creative!!

Megan said...

i love it! it all looks really together- like the hooks were meant for the door :)

Megan

traci said...

That is awesome. Your entire blog is beautiful. I wish I lived by you for your photography skills. Simply beautiful.

Kristin said...

Thanks so much Rhonda! You always leave the nicest comments.....PS. Im glad you added that newest Mormon Message on your blog, I just watched that yesterday (post superbowl) ;-)...also I love the key rack you made. It looks straight out of a magazine, I could easily picture it from Pottery Barn...LOVE IT!

Crystal said...

That is cool!! Love those hooks and the hanging basket! You are a constant source of amazement - and inspiration! What will you be up to tomorrow?!?!

KellyLady said...

Love it! The basket is my favorite part....one day when I have an actual entry hall I'm going to remember this!

Marie said...

Seriously, every time I come visit I see something new and wonderful on your blog!

(I loved the "I did it without my Hubby" button)

stephanie h said...

absolutely LOVE this!